Sunday, July 7, 2013

Someone else.

I don't even know where to start. I've erased this post at least ten times now. I just need to write and pretend like everyone in my world secretly reads my blog, but doesn't comment because they don't really give a crap what I do. That would be ideal.

Here's the thing. No matter how many times I can say this and how sincerely I mean it, no one believes me, but I do NOT judge you. I do not care in the slightest if people don't choose what I choose. Why? Because it's SO freaking hard to go against the mainstream. SO HARD! It's not something I want to do because I think it will be fun. It's because I research a lot and truly try to do what is the most logical to me. So I can't be me. I can't be me because I don't like to argue. I hate it. I really suck at debating. It's sad when you realize that being the person that you are just make people want to argue with you. I don't have to do anything. I just want to be myself. And this is who I am:

1-I am unschooling my kids. I don't like public school and I don't want to subject my kids to it. I think the idea of them missing out on the socialization in the school system is BS and everyone in my social homeschooling group agrees.

2-I love home birth (you all know that). I will never choose a hospital unless I have to. I don't trust that doctors are making decisions in my best interest 100% of the time.

3-I still breastfeed Audrey a couple times a day. This one is the hardest for me and I lie to people and say that I don't because I'm embarrassed, but I truly believe she needs it. I hate doing it and try to talk her out of it, but it has so many more benefits. My own sister told me I should stop and I told her I have. I died a little when I said that. It's such a stupid thing to judge someone about and I absolutely do NOT understand why people care.

4-I do not discipline my kids. This one is really difficult for me because Nate has ADHD (which I am renaming ECB for energetic creative brain because I don't believe it is a disorder, just a difference that makes him less convenient for me, but it's not freaking about me!!) and people think that he acts the way he does because of my lack of discipline, but I think it's pretty obvious that Audrey came from the same parenting style (actually less discipline than with Nate because I didn't know how to handle him at first) and does not act out. I have MANY reasons for this that I don't want to list right now.

5-I don't eat meat. Big freaking deal, I don't care if you do.

6-I am a voluntarist/libertarian. Not a democrat, not a republican. I do not believe in the initiation of the use of force, I follow the non-aggression principal, and exercise my right to vote by not voting at all.

7-None of my siblings take me seriously because they are all older than me so I avoid them as much as possible.

Ah that felt good. Now let's just all move on and live our lives without judging each other. I do not care what you do, I only govern myself.

3 comments:

Nicole S. said...

I'm actually really glad you wrote this! I know that I'm guilty of judging people, not really intentionally, but sometimes I'll think things and then wonder why I really care. I also assume that everyone is judging me too, and I just need to not care even if they are.

DeRosa080208 said...

Thanks for writing this! I think everyone is guilty of judging a little, (this is not in response to your "I don't judge you") I'm just saying that its human nature, and I know I'm guilty of it, though I try not to. And I wish more people would keep it to themselves! I feel like if you are judging people out loud, and calling them out on things about their personal lives, beliefs or actions, then something is not right in your own life. You are trying to make yourself feel better about whatever that is, so you focus on making others feel bad about themselves. Anyways, I love this post. And thanks for coming and hanging out with us Friday, we had a blast!

Andee said...

Yeah I totally get the whole "it's hard going against the mainstream". There's some things I would totally do in a heartbeat (like breastfeeding uncovered in public) but don't because not only would it start a debate, but it would cause a huge argument specifically with my family. I obviously have some different views from yours but like you said...who cares! I don't think less of you because you don't see things exactly like I do!

My family would argue and argue or think less of me if I ever expressed different views than theirs, which has made me even more aware of the fact that other people can believe differently from me and it's OKAY. I love this post and wish I could be as brave as you at expressing my views and opinion